10.8.11

Moving moving moving...

Literally! That’s what yours truly has been busy with for the last two weeks.
First from temporary apartment to new pretty one on the Saturday before last. Then trips to IKEA just at the outskirts of the city and the Coop (supermarket) over a mile away to get the usual suspects a house needs to become home; bin bags, dustbins, laundry baskets, cleaning supplies, perfumed candles, fleece blankets, cushions, bath mats, flower vase, salad bowl, ice trays, fruit bowl, various kitchen items like little plastic boxes, coffee maker etc etc etc etc etc blah blah blah blah… you get the drift I am sure.

So now that it is all in place I can breathe a sigh of relief. Cooking my first dinner tonight! Grilled chicken. Yay!

Oh! So the moving bit isn’t over yet by the way. I left the land under the Tuscan sun for the first time last weekend. Took Friday off and went to the very north of Italy to get my first view of the Dolomites. Can not thank my dear friend Phil enough for having me over, booking my tickets, coming to pick me up from the nearest town, taking me for lunch to an absolutely awesome place (its off all tourist maps and a local secret!) then hiking in the mountains, fresh grilled trout for dinner and then back to the heat and crowds of Florence on Sunday night. I cannot wait to go back to the mountains. I cant thank his mum and dad enough either for having me over in their cottage and treating me to that awesome fresh fish and proving to me yet again that sometime language ceases to be of consequence. Such amazingly sweet people. And guess what! As usual I had to do something silly. I meant to take chocolates and ended up taking pudding mix from Lindt for Phil’s mum. I didn’t know Lindt did pudding mix…. Oh dear! Some things don’t change do they?

So a weekend of moving houses. Then a weekend of moving through the beautiful Italian landscape. The mountains is where I could just stay and never leave. Sigh… and then a Monday night spent arranging the house back to order. Phew! Can’t wait for next Monday. The last of my 20’s will begin.

These last few days have left me with a deep deep realization. To use Phil’s phrase I feel like I am “straddling two separate worlds.” A life back home, a life I make every time I am far far away and everything in between including my parent’s tireless quest to find me a man and the freaks I have to tolerate in the bargain (mostly a few pictures and a biodata and the most recent case a phone call with the most self important man! Aaarrgghhh!!!). But like dad said yesterday, “living dreams isn’t easy but I know you will be fine.” It all makes sense. In a weird way totally disconnected yet connected statements from two separate conversations and two people living in two entirely separate worlds.

And guess what, I just realized I never really changed my oven’s settings to ‘grill’ from ‘preheat’. Oh well! I guess it will be bread and cheese for dinner and the chicken will be had with salad for lunch tomorrow. Like I always say, when it me the chances of something totally silly happening are fairly high…

And on that note, ciao.
I will be back soon J

1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha ... :P To quote Surpresa's patent statement here - "loser" :P :P

    ReplyDelete