11.7.11

And, it continues... :)

Coffee flavoured yogurt. More gelato shops per capita than St Andrews’ per capita pubs (assumption based solely on the visual assessment of yours truly!). Blistered, swollen feet. A new pair of Birkenstocks adding to the woes (who would think! But I honestly think it’s all the walking and not the poor slippers…). Dry skin when it is very very warm. No Body Shop. A missing English-to-Italian dictionary. A missing pair of scissors. A Saturday morning spent sweeping, washing, mopping, more washing and watering a garden with more weeds than plants. Damn! A chipped toenail! An afternoon spent lugging four heavy grocery bags. Blasted aching arms and palms! And then a grand weekend shower later bread with salt and olive oil and some iced wine. Ok! Stop wrinkling your nose. It’s quite like chips with salt and vinegar. You have no idea how good it can be till you actually try some. The iced wine is entirely the brilliant touch of yours truly. Ok! You can make a face for this one.


As I write this and finish the last of my wine I am preparing myself to go and have a go at the Vodafone people. I finally get bbm and internet activated on my phone and now the entire instrument is freaking locked! So I cannot even look up a number on my phone and neither can I receive a text or call because there is no network. So much for technology.

I had my day planned and now I am just half done and it is already past 4 pm! Hummm…. I think I will continue this later. After all the girl needs to step out and get her phone sorted, buy a pair of shoes for the Capoeira classes that will start next week and also meet up with the ladies from work. And in between all this I do want to get some reading (And this time it is work related!) done too. Phew! Since when did Saturdays get this busy? Oh well! When were they ever free in the first place. But with me the chances are that I will never be able to get through my weekend personal to-do lists completely. I love those of you who think I put too much into those. But I always think I did not include enough. But then, as I say this, I am staring at the pile of clothes that need ironing and the back of my mind is already made up that those cotton things will have to wait till tomorrow. I think I should make up my entire mind to make those wait till tormorrow. Right? Right. Done. They will wait till tomorrow. I am off and I will be back soon  ciao…

PS – imagine the most weirdly funny sight you have ever seen and then tell me if what I have to tell you now, tops that or not.

Now imagine an old man skinny legs standing near the open boot of a car, fiddling with some boxes piled as high as the car’s roof, middle of the night, on an empty street that you happen to be crossing, in a long orange vest. Yeah! Just that. And then try picturing him bend over only to discover that thankfully he is wearing something that can pass off as underwear. Oh dear lord! Why do men think they have the licence to wear just about anything and venture out, no matter how old or young they might be! One of the funniest split seconds of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment