18.7.11

Wasted Sunday... literally... ho-hum...

Like I always say, when it is me, the chances of doing things that would otherwise seem almost absolutely impossible, are not very probable. Like taking 4 hours to iron 3 weeks of laundry; and when it got done the pile was so small that I sat down to wonder how on earth did 15 things take almost 4 hours to iron. How? But that is not all, I also managed to waste an absolutely glorious Sunday. Not too hot. Nice breeze. And what am I doing. Clutching my stomach and groaning. Wishing my head would stop spinning. Yes! The entire day. And that is what a grand hungover Sunday it was. Shizer! I hate the fact that I went through it and I hate myself for not being a curious cat with cocktails the night before and I hate myself for not having any medication at home and no credit on my phone. So I spent the day at home. Ate some crappy pasta for lunch and cereal for dinner. Drifted in and out of sleep till I finally woke up minus a spinning head at 8 pm. Thanks mum for calling. A human voice that speaks a language you understand, needless to say a voice you also love dearly, is so good when all you heard through the day is a neighbour’s TV and a couple arguing in Italian. Phew! Thank god it is over. Never again. Never. I should stick to my beer and wine (And not together in the same evening). Vodka hates me and by now I should have known better! Phew! Thank god it is over.
So thanks to this hangover I did not get my arse to Fiesole. Hopefully I will manage to find time to take Monica and Megha there for dinner on Tuesday. Can’t wait to see them. And hopefully this week will not be as busy as the last. Any of you traveling to Italy, please take language lessons for a few weeks before you decide to bring yourself to this land of lost translations. It is possible to go around in circles till you want to kick the next person who tries to send you back the wrong way all over again (remember by this time you have already gone around in circles so you now know that the way you are being asked to go again is actually the wrong way!) and it is also possible to find people who will tell you that the place you want to has no bus service or train service or tram service and all you can do is take a cab. Seriously! Haha! Take that you bum. I knew there are trams and buses there. You can not fool me. I will figure it out.
The last week has been crazy busy both at and off work. Did I mention I also shopped and managed to catch the new Harry Potter movie? Well I did. Two new dresses. A new pair of shoes for my Capoeira classes (shiny silver with satin ribbons for laces. Don’t make a face. They are cute!) A sold out movie show in sleepy Florence at 11 pm on a Wednesday. The crowd was cheering as if it was a football game. The queue to enter stretched all the way to the next street and the few people who were passing by took pictures. So much activity at that time is not very routine you see.
So it has been a busy busy week with an anticlimax for an end. But I really am glad this week is over and also this dastardly Sunday. I can’t wait to see how I will hold up over the next few weeks as everyone goes for their vacations and I will pretty much be at work and after work almost by myself. Now now! Don’t be upset. I always have a magic rabbit up my sleeve and I just might be headed to the mountains north of Italy first weekend of August for a three-day trip right after moving into my pretty apartment downtown.  I can bet you didn’t think of that as something I would do right. Not for my first trip out of Florence. Did you? Either way, you will get to see some nice pictures and I will get to see the mountains I have been dying to see. The only glitch is I don’t have a camera. I really don’t. Why do you think I have not been putting up any pictures? What are the chances that you would move to one of the most beautiful places on earth and come without a camera? Well, as you probably know really well by now, when it is me, it is possible.
More soon… ciao ciao… baci baci

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha! ab tak cam nahi khareedi kanjoos? khareed le ab.. i want to see pics gulia!

    ReplyDelete